Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Free Crochet Egg Pattern



Easter has inspired me! I'm nearly finished with Abby's Easter dress, I just need to hem it. Anyway... we have almost no decorations though, and this IS my favorite holiday. There are some really cute fabric Easter egg tutorials out there, but I have a TON of yarn to use up! So here we go...
I used a C hook, and just regular ol' Red Heart yarn.
I also use the "invisible decrease" stitch method. You can find it here
Using the "magic circle" (found here) single crochet 5 stitches.
Round 1: 2sc in each stitch around (10 st)
Round 2: *1sc in first st, 2 sc in next st-repeat from *around (15 st)
Round 3: *2sc in first two st, 2 sc in next st-repeat from * across (20 st)
Round 4:*3sc in first three st, 2 sc in next st-repeat from * across (25 st)
Round 5-10: sc in each st across (25 st)
Round 11: *sc in first three stitches, sc2tog-repeat from * across (20 st)
Round 12: *sc in first two st, sc2t0g-repeat from * across (15 st)
Round 13: *sc in first st, sc2tog-repeat from *across (10 st)
STUFF HERE! *It works better to use small pieces of stuffing instead of one large piece. This way your egg isn't so lumpy.
Round 14: sc in ea st across (10 st)
Round 15: sc2tog four times (6 st) I slip stitch into the first st again, and then finish off. Weave in the end. Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment