Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quick Chicken-Parmesan

So I made this "recipe" up a few nights ago, and have used it three times in the past week! Its quick, easy, and it makes my husband happy. So here ya go!
3 boneless chicken breasts
1/2c bread crumbs (I use crushed saltine crackers)
1c Parmesan cheese
1 1/2t onion flakes (or minced onions)
2t garlic powder
2t cumin
3t oregano
3t tarragon leaves
2 eggs
3-4T milk (I used lactose-free)
2T oil (for frying)

Mix together first six ingredients (all the dry ingredients) in small bowl with fork or fingers.
In separate bowl whisk together eggs and milk.
Cut up chicken breasts in small bite-sized pieces and place on plate.
Dip chicken first in egg, and then in crumb mixture, pressing the breading firmly into the chicken. Fry in skillet over medium heat, until a dark brown color and cooked through! I had to cut into a few pieces to make sure they were done all the way. As I'm sure most of you know, you'll need to adjust your heat to fit your stove. Also, I have to add a couple more tablespoons of oil partially through. Keep in mind you don't want to deep fry them! Just put enough oil in to barely cover the bottom of your skillet.
Serve with rice, and steamed vegetable of your choice! We actually had raw carrots with it tonight, because its what I had on hand.
And, as always, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment