Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 2: The kitchen table is for eating!

I know I'm not the only one who has this problem with the table. Its automatically a catch-all. My family very rarely eats dinner at the kitchen table (partially because my husband isn't comfortable with it, and partially because it's always cluttered) but just because we don't use it for eating doesn't mean its okay to be messy. Someday my daughter will be big enough to sit in a chair at the table, and I want her to get into the healthy habit of eating in a room designed specifically for that purpose. I don't want her to run around with food, or sit on the couch or in front of the TV. Lunch time is devoted to eating and calming down. So, day two is about cleaning off the kitchen table (and the surrounding area). I'm feeling a little bit tired, but I'm still going to plow through it!

As always, when you pick something up put it away. Don't lay it down to clutter another area, because that defeats the purpose. C'mon, we can do this!

Before:

After:

Don't forget to pick up the living room again once you're through! Push through it, you can do it. I know there are things you'd rather be doing, but this is rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment